OPEN TO ONEIDA ENROLLED TRIBAL MEMBERS ONLY
Learn to perform a variety of professional, technical, and analytical classification of compensation activities related to the maintenance of the Oneida Nation compensation system. Learn to provide hiring, compensation, and recruiting support services to employees and departments to achieve the Nations objectives and strategic goals. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Learn how to manage projects such as survey participation and analysis.
2. Learn how to ensure compensation programs are in alignment with organizational philosophies. Maintaining the organization's ability to attract, motivate and retain employees.
3. Learn about compensation practices of the Nation to include, annual pay increases, incentive programs and grading structure.
4. Learn how to perform market analysis to determine internally consistent and externally competitive pay levels for specified positions; Uses published or conduct ad hoc surveys to obtain and analyze market pay rates.
5. Learn to develop job descriptions to accurately describe job content, job classification and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; work closely with supervisors to determine bona fide occupational qualifications.
6. Learn to interview and screen applicants to ensure minimum qualifications are met; make hiring recommendations as appropriate and schedule pre-employment screenings.
7. Learn to prepare and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, terminations, or transfers using human resources management software.
8. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
9. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Work is performed in an office setting with moderate noise level.
2. A 2 step Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter as required.
1. Knowledge of human resources principles.
2. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations and/or statues.
3. Skill in operating various work-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs.
4. Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
6. Skill in conducting research, analyzing information and data, and presenting findings in a concise format.
7. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
8. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation's Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
10. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility
Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation's Gaming Division.
11. A valid driver's license or occupational driver's license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver's license or occupational driver's license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver's license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal vehicle under the Oneida Nation's Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver's eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Must be an enrolled member of the Oneida Nation.
2. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, Supervisory Leadership, or related field.
3. Must have not yet gained employment that is related to the degree.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
1. Must submit a resume along with two (2) letters of recommendation.
2. Must provide a copy of diploma, license, or certification upon employment.
Department: Human Resources Administration
This is a full time position
Job Code: 05211
Closing Date: Until Filled
Responsible To: Director - Employment & Recruitment
Apply on company website