UC San Diego Health is seeking a highly motivated pharmacist to work in a position which would provide pharmaceutical services for the Outpatient Pavilion. Some medical services which will be in the building will include: Breast Health (with 12 infusion stations), Apheresis (15 treatment/infusion rooms), clinics (orthopedics, sports medicine, urology, pain), Radiology Services, Outpatient Surgery (8 OR, 23 PACU beds), Special Procedure Suite (3 rooms). This position will provide all pharmacy needed services for the building such as but not limited to, verifying medication orders including chemotherapy; providing consultations if needed; overseeing sterile IV compounding in fully compliant USP797/800 cleanrooms (both hazardous and non-hazardous drugs); maintaining Pyxis MedStations throughout the building and Pyxis A-stations in the OR's.
Registered Pharmacist license issued by the state of California (RPH).
Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree; or equivalent clinical experience.
Pharmacy residency or equivalent clinical experience.
Knowledge of pharmacy state and federal regulations.
- Experience in Inpatient pharmacy or Ambulatory Infusion Center setting.
- Experience in the area of hematology/oncology and common treatments.
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy &/or Oncology Pharmacy.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the medical center's business needs.
- Must be willing to rotate to all pharmacy areas/sites.
- Hours are variable (8 to 10 hour shifts) including every other weekend and rotating holidays (up to every other), coverage for sick calls and vacation.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Apply on company website