Under the direction of the Director of Otolaryngology/Head & and Neck Surgery, the Practice Manager has full accountability for operational business unit (s). The Practice Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and managing administrative and programmatic operations for the unit. Responsibilities include all aspects of administrative, clinical, supervisory, and clerical duties necessary to promote the goals of UCSD Healthcare and Ambulatory Care Services.
Incumbent uses independent decisions making based on practice management experience and skills to exercise the major functions; personnel managements, leadership, communication, finance, system development/ improvement, continuous, quality improvement, regulatory efforts, patient/provider satisfaction, and professional education/development. Develops strong interpersonal liaisons with the providers. Medical Directors and Service Chiefs for all assigned clinical areas. Contributes to department budget and manages costs relative to budget. Oversight of regulatory requirements to assure ongoing compliance with DHS/JCAHO and other agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration or related area; and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- A minimum of three (3+) or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience and proven success in skills to supervise support staff in clinic/center administration, and effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Leadership or supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Apply on company website