The Asset Management Compliance Director is a senior leader of compliance-related activities for several of Stifel's registered investment advisory entities. The Asset Management Compliance Director will report directly to the Stifel Financial Advisory Services Chief Compliance Officer and will be responsible for overseeing and managing the compliance functions of various investment advisory affiliates of Stifel Nicolaus. This position will be based in NY (or Florham Park, NJ), Baltimore, St. Louis, or San Francisco and will require some travel to the east coast depending on base location. The ideal candidate will be well versed in investment advisory-related issues and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain each firm's compliance program consistent with the requirements of Rule 206(4)-7; maintain firm compliance manuals; train and update personnel on compliance issues, as necessary, including through annual compliance meetings; oversee personal trading reviews; maintain records/documentation required by applicable regulations.
- Represent Compliance in cross-functional firm initiatives to evaluate business objectives, regulatory developments and other emerging issues, and propose customized compliance solutions as necessary to execute business initiatives.
- Review client documentation, set and monitor guidelines and restrictions for client accounts based on review of investment management agreements.
- Prepare and submit quarterly/annual reports to fund boards; review periodic regulatory reports relating to firm-advised/sub-advised funds.
- Oversee regulatory filings relating to each firm's services, including (but not limited to) Form ADV, Schedule 13F, Form 13G and other applicable filing; respond to regulatory inquiries and examinations, as needed.
- Review marketing presentations; prepare due diligence materials and participate in due diligence meetings with existing and potential clients; review requests for proposals.
- Lead periodic best practices meetings - prepare meeting materials, and maintain meeting notes and other documentation of the reviews; coordinate reviews of approved brokers and maintain broker files; maintain error files.
- Conduct, at least annually, a review of policies and procedures and keep accurate detail of all reviews including forensic testing of files; prepare annual review reports to the ECCO, senior management.
- Assist in the implementation of enterprise-level Compliance efforts. Collaborate with other Compliance Department leaders, as necessary, in overseeing and enhancing the enterprise-level compliance program.
- Preferred locations: NYC, Baltimore, or Florham Park, NJ, St. Louis or San Francisco. Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional, and/or national travel, up to 25% depending on base location.
- BA or BS in related field required.
- 7-10 years' of senior leadership experience in regulatory compliance.
- Series 7 and Series 65 required or willingness to obtain within a year of hire.
- Understands and complies with all regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Understands and complies with industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Truth in Savings, Regulation E and D, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Enhanced knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act as well as all other laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules that pertain to the banking industry.
- Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of resources.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate course.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website