Vision: Wisconsin's first choice for casino entertainment.
Mission: Gaming professionals working together to provide a friendly, safe, and fun gaming experience.
Values: Professionalism, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Sincerity.
The duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
OPEN TO ONEIDA ENROLLED TRIBAL MEMBERS ONLY
SALARY: $20.51 (NEGOTIABLE)
(Employees will receive 5% below the negotiated pay rate during their probationary status.)
Monday-Thursday (6pm to 6am) - $1.00 per hour worked
Friday 4pm to Saturday 4am - $3.00 per hour worked
Saturday (4am to 4pm) - $2.00 per hour worked
Saturday (4pm to 4am) - $3.00 per hour worked
Sunday 4am to Monday 6am - $2.00 per hour worked
Supervise assigned staff, interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance, reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems. Oversee the professional development of direct reports. Monitor Sportsbook operations to include but not limited to overseeing wagers, monitoring and moving lines. React appropriately to information or wagers which would cause for a betting line to be adjusted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Sports Betting operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Oneida Casino.
- Ensure a pleasant experience for guests of the Oneida Casino by being courteous and providing excellent guest services which includes, but not limited to, answering guests questions and concerns in regard to educating players on proper rules and procedures.
- Provide leadership in the sports book development, maintenance, monitoring, and compliance.
- Ensure operational initiatives are aligned with the Gaming Division's strategic plan.
- Ensure department procedures are developed, implemented, utilized and effective.
- Ensure all transactions are performed according to Oneida Gaming Division's policies as well as State and Federal and Title 31 compliance regulations.
- Must have the ability to understand and calculate odds.
- Assist in maintaining an in-house betting line on all relevant sports.
- Assist in odds-making/bookmaking duties.
- Monitors all monies being wagered and maintain appropriate risk levels as directed by the Sports Betting Manager.
- Approves or denies wagers from guests in conjunction with line of authority approval.
- Move betting lines as needed dependent on wagers taken, regional odds or relevant information.
- Gather up to date sports/wagering information and statistics for utilization within the Sports Betting room.
- Monitor the performance of kiosks and conduct basic maintenance as needed.
- Work with the Sports Betting Team to provide insight into current and future customer needs.
- Communicate information effectively and quickly surrounding any irregularities or discrepancies and any operations concerns to management immediately.
- Assist Guests with IRS reportable winnings.
- Enforces procedures to ensure Oneida Casino assets are secure.
- Review daily revenue reporting on sports bets.
- .Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
- Endorse and support effective human resource practices are in place and adhered to. Ensure employee performance reviews, coaching, development, and recognition activities are in place and utilized effectively.
- Knowledge of Sports Betting techniques and language.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Must apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize objectives, and supervise staff.
- Ability to inform and communicate verbally and in writing in diverse and challenging situations with the ability to process information effectively, identify and define problems and make objective decisions is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
- Ability to deal effectively with all facets of the public and employee relations when on duty.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation's Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation's Gaming Division.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must be an enrolled member of the Oneida Nation.
- One (1) year customer service experience.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field; three (3) years supervisory or lead experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience and responsibility in gaming operations.
- Knowledge of sports betting terminology and products.
- Data-driven and strategic thinker with an understanding of the Sportsbook industry.
- Previous experience in the execution of sports betting related marketing and guest service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently walk, sit, stand.
- Work environment may NOT be smoke, noise, or dust free.
- A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annualy thereafter.
The Oneida Nation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability status in employment or the provision of services. However, individuals of Indian ancestry and Veterans will be given preference by law in initial employment or re-employment.
Department: Sports Betting
This is a full time position
Closing Date: Until Filled
Apply on company website