Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Surgical Technologist today with Memorial Health University Medical Center.Benefits
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Surgical Technologist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Surgical Technologist, in collaboration with the surgical team and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assumes responsibility for the care and safety of the perioperative patient, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment during surgical and other invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Surgical Technologist ensures effective communication with the circulator, the surgeon, the patient and their family, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
· You will set up and manage instruments, equipment, and supplies for all surgical procedures
· You will be responsible for maintaining a sterile field while passing instrumentation during an invasive procedure
· You will perform appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
· You will assist in patient positioning, transporting, and obtaining needed equipment
· You will clean and prepare instruments for terminal sterilization
· You will assist in prepping room for the next patient
What qualifications you will need:
· Graduation from an accredited school of Surgical Technologist or Certificate of Completion of the Operating Room Specialist Course from the Military is required
· A Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is required in the South Carolina hospitals and is strongly preferred in the Georgia and Florida hospitals
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· One to two years of OR experience is preferredWhat qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Certified Surgical Technician (CST), or Registered Surgical Technologist
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website