We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitlePrincipal Software Development EngineerOverview:
The Mastercard Disputes Program team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Development Engineer. The team provide a suite of dispute resolution services that uses the Mastercard Network to help expedite the resolution of cardholder disputes and reduce the amount of paper required to resolve disputes (Mastercom).
Mastercom provides many benefits, including the following:
• Speed—accelerated processing of dispute initiation and document management through a
• Security—helps safeguard file transfers through mastercardconnect.com data security
• Archive—provides current and historical access to files and dispute documentation
• Convenience—allows users to research, create claims, submit chargebacks/retrieval/case
filing, view and download all evidential documentation, any time, from any location, as
often as needed.
• Access—provides virtual access to multiples users regardless of their location.
• Paperless—processing allows users to save and export documents electronically to local
The person will be responsible for delivering high quality code, driving engineering excellence, ensuring code delivery aligns with architectural direction and act as the technical advisor to the management team.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise that covers both software development and an understanding of distributed and in memory systems. This will be evidenced from a track record of delivering highly scalable, resilient, secure and maintainable code in a low latency high availability environment. They will understand how to create a culture of effective code and design reviews that raise the bar for all engineers.
The person will enjoy helping engineers build world class systems and diving deep into technical design, systems engineering and troubleshooting complex environments.
The role will encompass API and UI development; expertise in both of these is required.
• Deep understanding of the full technology stack, including
o In memory grids
o High volume traffic management (load balancers, CDNs, reverse proxies)
o UI frameworks
o Design patterns
o Data structures
o Cloud infrastructure
o Networking and OS fundamentals
• Keen interest in the customer journey and business use cases end to end
• Willingness to get involved in legacy and new systems
• Ability to make data driven and customer driven decisions
• Ability to drive architectural change which balances technical and business priorities
• Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence
• Ability to navigate a complex global organization
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction
• Hands on Experience with Agile and related methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths. Masters highly preferred
• 7+ years of engineering experience
• Strong understanding of software best practices
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website