We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, GBSC India Analytics ServicesOverview
We believe in the power of data. We think creatively, and design smart, simple to use and cost-effective solutions that empower our customers with actionable insights. The GBSC Analytics and Metrics team is built upon strong contributors with leadership abilities, innovative mindsets and with strong business and technical acumen. The team acts as an idea incubator supporting various GBSC initiatives by providing in-depth analysis and strategic guidance. The team identifies ways to leverage data for answering business questions and driving operational efficiency. We innovate using new age technologies and data analysis techniques to discover actionable insights and communicate data in new and more effective ways for influencing business decisions, encouraging long-term customer engagement, improving processes and productivity, and overall evolving the way we do business.
Our current primary tools for data analysis, data preparation and information delivery: Alteryx and Tableau
Core database environments: Oracle, MS SQL Server
Legacy applications: MS Access (VBA)
• Lead multiple analytics projects and initiatives within GBSC and Mastercard.
• Identify, design and implement data and process automation solutions to support GBSC Operations and the global organization.
• Build and support an infrastructure to enable effectively working with large sets of unstructured and structured data.
• Develop new queries and Alteryx flows for extracting, transforming and analyzing data to address project requirements.
• Develop Tableau dashboards and reports that adhere to the visualization best practices and communicate a story.
• Participate in drafting documents and presentations for communicating innovations, ideas, or discoveries.
• Maintain legacy applications (MS Access with VBA)
• Contribute to strengthening motivated, innovative and productive team that creates next generation analytics for GBSC and Mastercard.
• Generate and implement ideas to continuously improve analytics and reporting services delivery.
• Work closely with analytics community of practice and customers to identify short-term and long-term objective alignment.
All About You:
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm to apply data to discover and solve business challenges and questions;
• Problem solving mentality, resourcefulness and creativity in identifying solutions;
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build professional relationship, influence and negotiate;
• Full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productizing and maintenance of analytics products;
• Proficiency in Alteryx and Tableau;
• Proficiency in data preparation/ETL;
• Strong knowledge of SQL, ability to write, execute and optimize performance of complex queries;
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website