Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provides senior-level desktop support and technical expertise to resolve technical problems/issues. Leads projects involving deployment of technology as related to the desktops, laptops, VDI, and remote connectivity solutions. Analyzes client application and hardware issues and coordinates expedient resolution. Consults with architecture team and provides guidance to formulate and implement a global company strategy as relates to end user client solutions.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Acts as project lead for PC support group for all enterprise and tactical projects.
- Provides deskside and remote support for Executive and VIP users. Includes on call support.
- Partner across multiple IT teams to analyze, develop, test, and deliver flexible desktop computing technologies in an enterprise desktop environment and architecture.
- Analyzes and resolves complex 2nd and 3rd level problems with business applications, networking, hardware and technical project implementation in the corporate office, distribution centers and field (by remote).
- Conduct design, test and deploy enterprise image configurations for the organization to meet business requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical processes and troubleshooting guidelines for internal use in performing setup, installation, and configuration of desktop hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of strategy recommendations, design and implementation of the Enterprise Desktop environment computer systems or programs, and corresponding policy development to meet current and future business needs.
- Provide technical design, documentation, testing, creation or modification, and maintenance procedures surrounding OS image development, updating, and patching. Works proactively within IS organization to maintain and improve the operating systems and application software imaging process, software packaging, software distribution and patch management.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to lead and manage projects. Must be decisive, conscientious, and interact well in a team environment.
- Must have expert knowledge of PC configuration, installation, break/fix troubleshooting, and imaging of end user desktop technologies in a highly available production environment consisting of 4,000 plus users.
- Experience leading large-scale technology upgrades/migrations (applications, operating systems, etc.) in a corporate environment.
- Senior level ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems. Must have the ability to differentiate between hardware, application, network, firewall, and operating system issues.
- Thought leader for Microsoft Platform technologies and productivity suites, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, and thin/thick/web application architectures.
- Customer service driven. Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of PC configuration, installation, break/fix troubleshooting, and imaging.
- Attention to detail and follow-up required with user community.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school degree required plus 4-5 years' experience in supporting Microsoft Platforms on an enterprise level.
- 4-5 years' experience with end user devices, networks, and remote connectivity solutions.
- Education can offset experience requirement. MCP / MCDST or Network + certification required. One or more Microsoft certifications are required.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website