What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
PLANNING ANALYST - DIRECT MATERIAL
Become part of a newly formed team to manage planning for key direct materials used in AMD components. Direct materials include substrates, chip-caps, stiffeners, and lids as well as critical components used in these materials such as ABF and core.
- Determine needs, understand and close future potential supply gaps, manage execution of some ordering, and manage first-level expedite activities with suppliers
- Be part of an extended team with procurement and manufacturing engineering to ensure efficient supplier management strategy & execution.
The candidates should possess a strong analytical planning expertise, have ownership in resolving issues with supply on the direct materials managed. Able to embraces some level of ambiguity during new team formation but drives towards structure & process. Good experience planning with semiconductor experience and the ability to form good relationships with suppliers and with internal groups such as procurement and engineering. A proactive, outstanding teammate who focuses on teamwork, team building, and growing team success.
AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology!
- Create plans to determine longer-term needs for each material
- Collect and understand supplier capabilities and capacity
- Compare needs vs capacities and determine gaps
- Drive resolution to gaps & agree on supplier forecast during direct material review forums with engineering, procurement, and the AMD business units
- Drive to implement and improve planning systems that generate requirements
- Coordinate closely with engineering and procurement to determine alternative actions for unforeseen shortages or other issues
- Coordinate closely with product supply planning team to understand special needs
- Manage expedites of direct material orders with suppliers, working with procurement on escalations.
- Manage execution of some ordering activities and direction of orders to specific assembly sites
- Coordinate on alternative supply models with procurement, e.g., move from vendor managed direct material to consign.
- Supply Chain planning experience (SCM)
- Experience working in a semiconductor company or OSAT, with some level of understanding of assembly materials
- Strong analytical experience
- Planning system experience
- Bachelors' Degree in BA, Supply Chain Management
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 106982
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Supply Chain
Apply on company website