The Assistant Controller is responsible for leading and directing the day-to-day operations relating to accounts payable, general ledger, fixed assets, leases, subsidiary companies and general accounting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works in conjunction with the Operation Controller in setting direction for Valley's accounting policies and procedures.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the accounting, accounts payable and intercompany teams.
- Manages the general ledger maintenance process including the opening and closing of accounts.
- Manages and reviews the general ledger and correspondent bank reconciliations and relationships.
- Manages the accounting for REO process including REO transfer, sale and evaluation for impairment.
- Manages the month-end, quarter-end and year-end process and closing for the Bank and subsidiaries.
- Manages the preparation and review of certain accounting estimates, including management's analysis of the valuation of mortgage servicing rights, goodwill, benefit plan accrual, external examination fees, etc.
- Maintains and enforces the general ledger reconciliation policy including review and sign off on accounting department reconciliations as well as assisting staff in clearing reconciling items.
- Manages the quarterly regulatory and SEC reports schedules and footnote disclosures prepared by the accounting team.
- Participate in the coverage of fixed asset and lease accounting when necessary.
- Participate with SOX controls, including the monitoring of existing controls and the development of key controls over new accounting processes.
- Provides assistance and guidance to auditors, examiners and tax accountants during audits, exams and tax preparation, as well other operational areas with the bank including production of support as requested.
Apply on company website