Involves the provision of patient-level financial and clinical data and analysis to inform the medical center or health system's operational, financial and strategic decision making. Includes the development of a case-based operating budget for patient volume, detailed utilization projections and gross revenue. Oversees the service line profitability reporting, the cost accounting system, and the decision support system integration of clinical and financial data in a patient-centric repository. Provides for the measurement and benchmarking of business operations in relation to best business practices for the healthcare industry and internal business objectives.
A Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration or related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Five (5+) or more years of relevant experience in performing database management, data analysis and compensation in Healthcare Finance and/or Healthcare Decision Support.
Experience and proven success of in-depth understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proven ability using spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports. Excellent mathematical skills.
Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze situations, define problems, formulate logical conclusions, recognize alternatives, and recommendations, under limited oversight. Ability to analyze, interpret and apply management principles, practices and techniques for a large, multi-discipline organization.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities. Ability to multi-task. Ability to function effectively under pressure and cope with a variety of personalities with limited oversight and supervision. Experience under direction with crisis situations. Ability to facilitate and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Master's Degree in related field (Healthcare/Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, Economics, or other related field.
- Three to five (3 - 5) years of academic physician/faculty compensation experience. May include development of Clinical Compensation Plans, developing and understanding of physician practice metrics.
- Fundamentals of hospital organization, management and administration.
- Experience working in academic medical centers.
- Knowledge of University Information Systems (data and data warehouse structures; or Oracle ESR.).
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Apply on company website