Registered Nurses in the GI/Endoscopy department at UC Davis Medical Center provide care to adult and pediatric patients with a variety of perioperative (medical surgical, critical care, emergent, perioperative) needs. Patient conditions include: healthy with a few comorbidities, unhealthy with multiple comorbidities, and critically il patients with multiple comorbidities Job Summary Final Filing Date : 9/29/2021 Salary Range : $76.46 Salary Frequency : Hourly Appointment Type : Per Diem Percentage of Time : Per Diem Shift Hour : 10 hour shift, Variable Location : Main Hospital City : Sacramento Union Representation : Yes Benefits Eligible : No THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY Reposted on 8/31 Responsibilities Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience, and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Required Qualifications
- 1 year of recent RN experience with moderate sedation and upper/lower endoscopy procedures.
- ACLS, PALS and Moderate Sedation certification
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possession of a current California RN license.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR Certification.
- 2 Years of recent RN inpatient GI Endoscopy experience
- SGNA Certification
- References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
- Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients and stand on feet over extended periods.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
Apply on company website