Job Title Accounting Manager Job ID 48465 Location DC Metro Area Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular OFFICE LOCATION
Arlington, Virginia, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 74 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the consolidated Accounting activities of the organization.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the activities and personnel for the Worldwide Office Accounting department. Generally responsible for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data and/or the monitoring of management controls and processes to ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial/management best practice.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Manages functional activity towards program's strategic goals.
- Works toward meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans, completing and/or overseeing day-to-day tasks, such as journal entries and month-end closing.
- Implements and manages new initiatives.
- Manages and implements multiple projects.
- Ensures the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
- May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff.
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- May manage or participate in complex negotiations.
- Reports to leadership on activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Experience recruiting, supervising and developing staff.
- Experience with US GAAP.
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience monitoring for and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice.
- Experience analyzing a regulatory framework and applying it to the situation at hand.
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP and/or relevant regulatory framework.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls; interpreting guidelines and analyzing factual information to adapt or modify processes as needed.
- Ability to resolve complex issues independently within program area.
- Experience acting as a resource to others to solve problems.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant (CA) is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 48465, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on February 21, 2020.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
Apply on company website