Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Joint Space and Strategic Capabilities Group provides analytic support to the Air Force (AF), Joint, and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) clients. Our work includes development of approaches and concepts to meet emerging, high priority National Defense needs, and assessment and development of cutting-edge technologies and capabilities to meet those needs.
SPA has an immediate need for an Operations Research and Model Based Systems Engineer/Analyst (GBSD).
The successful applicant will support the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program and gain practical work experience in the areas of analysis, research, report writing and oral briefings, policy development, program management and computer applications related to the Air Force nuclear weapon delivery systems. Duties will include maintenance, development, and operation of software models/tools, to include optimization/scheduling simulations as well as six degrees of freedom (6 DOF) modeling; statistical analysis; compiling and assembling data; developing presentation materials; and presentation of analytical results to inform the customer on ongoing analysis projects.
- B.S. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years combined graduate-level educational or on the job experience in the following:
- Computer programming (Java, C++, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Data Analysis systems/language (MATLAB, SAS, S-Plus, R, Python).
Demonstrated self-starter possessing a passion for applying innovative analytical methods to solve complex client problems, willingness to multi-task and presenting complex ideas in a clear and coherent form before an audience.
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
- Graduate degree.
- Linear Programming, Mixed-Integer Programming or Integer Programming Experience with CPLEX or similar program, such as:
- Running, developing, and interpreting data from system level 6DOF simulations.
- Modeling aerospace equations of motion.
- Application of Statistical Principles.
- Software Development Experience in a team environment.
- Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) Professional Certification Object Management Group- Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OMG-OCSMP).
Apply on company website