Under general supervision, the Build Engineer will show great promise and passion for his/her career. He/she will assist their team in developing and maintaining the build environment, source code control system(s), and the issue tracking systems while observing proper behaviors, patterns, and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and tests builds, resolves issues and communicates build status.
- Support Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) transformation initiatives under the guidance of the architecture team.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (i.e. Shell Scripting, etc.), software build tools (Visual Studio, TeamCity, etc.) and continuous integration tools (TeamCity, Octopus, etc.)
- Setup, configuration and administration of binary repositories such as Artifactory.
- Handle branching and merging of source code within TFS and other source control repositories.
- Familiarity with Amazon Cloud Technologies would be a big plus.
- Responsible for building scripts and installation procedures.
- Proactively identifies and implements procedures to streamline the build process.
- Assists the Development teams in implementation, integration and release.
- Assists in the deployment of unit testing procedures to be utilized within continuous integration practices.
- Documents work clearly and effectively.
- Coordinate with other team members when more complex builds/releases occur.
- Continue to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to Stifel's needs throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years of post bachelor's progressive experience working with Software Build Deployments.
- Collaborative development with the familiarity and knowledge of environment.
- Thorough understanding of the software lifecycle.
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Hands-on working experience with Source Code management tools like TFS or GIT.
- Implementation experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes using various tools like TeamCity, Octopus and Artifactory as binary repositories.
Apply on company website