SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, 30 Adelaide St E Office
SS&C Technologies Inc., a world leading provider of comprehensive investment management systems and services is looking for experienced individuals in the role of Senior Business Systems Analyst.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing business systems solutions to our external and internal clients through the enhancement of iFast products and functionality. Senior Business Systems Analysts are lead participants in the project from inception to production and are required to liaise between our client and internal development teams to ensure detailed requirements are understood and documented, and to facilitate the building or modifying of our applications to meet client and industry needs. At SS&C, Senior Business Systems Analysts are also engaged in new client launches, conversions, activation of products/functionality, and support of production issues. The Senior Business Systems Analyst position requires very strong analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications. A Senior BSA must have proficient knowledge of, and experience in all BA knowledge areas and SDLC.
The Senior Business System Analyst should be able to perform the following, taking a leadership role, and with a high level of proficiency:
Plan Business Analysis Approach
- Support Initiation and Planning phases of the SDLC
- Work with the client to obtain an understanding of their requirements by participating/conducting JAD sessions
- Respond to changing organizational priorities
Requirements Elicitation and Definition
- Elicit and translate client product requirements into comprehensive business requirements, user stories, process flows, functional and non-functional requirements
- Have experience in creating decision tables, use cases, process flows, Participate in defining and recommending system solutions to meet business goals and product requirements which satisfy legal, regulatory and client requirements
- Ability to successfully facilitate meetings at all corporate levels
- Document business artifacts utilizing BACOE best practices
Requirements Management and Communication
- Manage all priorities, changes and issues
- Ensure that stakeholders have a shared understanding of requirements
Solution Assessment and Validation
- Review the design and validate the proposed solution meets the business need
- Support all stages of internal testing and client User Acceptance Testing to ensure requirements are met
Technical skills required:
- Web applications project experience
- Strong experience in Agile and Waterfall SDLC
- Have a strong understanding of Software Development Techniques, data modelling, User Interface and API development
- Expert experience with JIRA and/or Confluence software
- University degree, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in business systems analysis
- A Senior BSA is expected to have experience in projects that are large and complex
- Experience in the Finance/Banking industry
- Experience with requirements analysis and requirements management tools and techniques
- Experience in various project methodologies within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience coaching and mentoring other business analysts
- CBAP certification
- Knowledge particularly in the Mutual Fund/Segregated Fund/Transfer Agency/Trust Accounting/Fundserv domains
- Understanding of the regulatory bodies governing client product offerings and industry best practices. For example: CLHIA, National Instrument, Federal/Provincial, Fundserv, IACC and IFIC
- Financial Industry related certifications (e.g. CLHIA, IFIC, CSC, CFA)
- iFast knowledge
- Work experience with Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools
- Process flows development using notations like UML and BPMN
- An extensive health benefit program
- Business casual work environment
- Close to all transit
To further explore this opportunity, please APPLY NOW through our careers page on the corporate website.
No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website