DescriptionSAIC is in need of a System Engineer to provide engineering support to one of the NAVAIR Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Support Equipment program at Lakehurst NJ.
The Systems Engineer will be involved in the review of designs, design changes, and all relevant technical data and documents related to support equipment for the UAS program. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for engaging with program IPTs to align aircraft Support Equipment (SE) and Air Vehicle / Control Segment capability deployments, to identify/resolve SE issues, and to influence aircraft system design for optimal supportability.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the definition, flow down, and evaluation of SE system requirements as well as technical management of SE acquisition efforts, including: project requirements definition, drafting design specification documents, project plan development/maintenance, systems engineering planning, acquisition strategy development, procurement package development, baseline documentation development, systems engineering technical review orchestration, market research, SE site surveys, trade studies, and SE acquisition team coordination.
- Reviewing of technical documentation in support of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR), including specifications, requirements documentation, drawings, change proposals, and SETR presentation material.
- Overseeing of the development testing, including development of test plans and testing procedures for verification of the design.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders to identify and resolve emergent engineering issues.
- Applying systems engineering management skills to trade studies, risk management, technical reviews and other deliverables.
The selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship is required to meet this obligation. It may be necessary to obtain an Interim Secret before starting.
Engineering Degree (Mechanical) from an accredited college or university
Minimum of seven years of experience in engineering development and testing of systems.
Must have demonstrated at least intermediate level skills associated with systems engineering processes, and a proven ability to perform the duties described above.
Ability to travel 10-15% may be required
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- DoD Design Processes and Documentation
- Knowledge of Aviation Support Equipment
- Experience with ship installed systems, Aviation operations and diagnostics
Apply on company website