Location: Tampa, FL
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC has a position open for a GCCS Tier 1 Administrator located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. This position requires occasional shift work. A GCCS Tier 1 Administrator will perform system administration tasks for the Global Command and Control System Joint (GCCS-J) at the Headquarters U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) in Tampa, Florida and at forward operating locations. The GCCS Tier 1 Administrator will provide GCCS/Agile Client//JRE/CDS technical support to install, monitor, maintain, upgrade, analyze, troubleshoot, repair and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include servers and desktop computers with UNIX (Solaris 10), Red Hat Enterprise Unix (RHEL 5.7), Windows Server 2016 platforms. The GCCS Tier 1 Administrator will evaluate hardware and software requirements and capabilities, develop and implement testing plans, and create engineering solutions for systems integration. Assist in the preparation and review of standard operating procedures. Specialize in the development, integration, deployment, and maintenance of GCCS-specific Windows system baseline installations. Prepare project status reports and briefings for contract and customer leadership. Provide remote administration to clients within the USCENTCOM GCCS footprint. Able to respond to Automated Help Desk Remedy tickets and document the actions taken to resolve the problems identified and return the user's system back to the service standards. The GCCS Tier 1 Administrator needs to possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Shift work and on-call duty may be required. Requires 15% travel and may include deployment to austere environments. A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all CENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 2+ years' experience; OR, High school equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance
- IAT Level 2 certification (Security +)
- Experience with installation administration and maintenance of Solaris 10, Windows 2016 clients and servers.
- Skills associated with installation, maintenance and operations of GCCS servers, ICSF clients, Agile Client and I3 with emphasis on communications configuration, track data flow and synchronization of the COP.
- Operational experience working with the GCCS or any of its service variants (GCCS-M, GCCS-A, GCCS-AF, IAS/IOS (Internet Authentication System / Internetwork Operating System), and/or Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS)
- UNIX Sybase database administration experience.
- On-the-job experience with the administration of GCCS-J or service-specific systems.
- Experience in Global Command and Control System (GCCS), understanding Windows Active Directory and VMware is desired.
- Experience in military Joint Headquarters environments is essential.
- Effective technical writing skills are essential.
- Red Hat Certification
Technical Certification in Systems Administration for the Solaris 10 OS
Apply on company website