DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As a Coding Integrity Specialist III WORK FROM HOME, you will review and evaluate hospital inpatient medical record documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10- PCS codes. A CIS III performs coding and/or code/DRG validation across multiple entities by applying all appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code selections.
In this role you will:
- Assign, sequence, validate, and/or edit codes/DRGs and abstracted data (e.g., physician, discharge disposition, query tracking) for inpatient records for multiple facilities using ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- Maintain or exceed established accuracy standards
- Maintain or exceed established productivity standards
- Utilize the complete patient medical record documentation in code/DRG assignment, validation, and/or editing of codes/DRGs
- Undergraduate (associates or bachelors) degree in HIM/HIT preferred
- Minimum 1 year of acute care hospital inpatient coding required, 3 years preferred.
- Coding Technical Skills - ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, MS-DRGs, APR DRGs, and POA Assignment.
- RHIT, RHIA or CCS preferred
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities. HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #ParallonBCOM
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website