SALARY: $75,858/Annually (NEGOTIABLE)
(Employees will receive 5% below the negotiated pay rate during their probationary status.)
Provide equipment, materials and supplies to the Oneida Nation by coordinating the procurement of goods and services according to established policies and procedures. Coordinate terms of complex and long-term purchasing agreements. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create purchase orders and long-term agreements.
2. Conduct bid openings; evaluate bids and proposals; select final supplier in accordance with established criteria, legal requirements and applicable Tribal laws and policies.
3. Negotiate with suppliers on new procurements and changes to existing purchase orders; ensure purchase orders are complete, accurate and in accordance with Tribal-vendor agreement and all governing regulations.
4. Research, evaluate and interview new sources of supply.
5. Perform as a liaison between appropriate Purchasing and Business Unit personnel; assists Business Units in review of procurement specifications, evaluation of new and existing supply sources, recommendations of reduced procurement.
6. Monitor, analyze, and administer daily decisions in support of the Business Unit's actions.
7. Conduct meetings between vendors and Business Units to discuss in-depth, technical information such as value analysis, understanding of new methods, processes, and techniques.
8. Resolve problems related to procurement actions.
9. Assist in developing, writing, and revising of Standard Operating Procedures and Policies governing procurement and the Purchasing Department.
10. Provide guidance and assistance to Purchasing staff.
11. Maintain and monitor inventory levels on all assigned parts; recommend write-offs of obsolete or excess hardware; maintain all Item Master and basic date information of assigned Business Unit.
12. Maintain price list and product/vendor information reference library. Create and maintain various lists and codes for the Infinium Financial Software.
13. Report ongoing activities weekly to the Director of Purchasing.
14. Prepare reports for Director of Purchasing prior to major purchases or Standard Operating Procedure revisions.
15. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
16. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
17. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
18. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently walk, sit; stand, talk and hear. Occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
2. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter as required.
1. Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices; materials, specifications and standards, prices and current market conditions.
2. Knowledge of Government Services Administration (GSA) contract pricing programs and laws regarding contracts, regulations and procedures governing purchasing operations.
3. Knowledge of quality and value of a wide variety of commodities used by governmental and commercial entities; various methods of purchasing by specifications by form; function or technical content and competitive bidding, trade names; brands and sources of supply, various testing methods of materials, equipment and supplies; Federal Property Management Regulations (FPMR) and Defense Re-utilization and Marketing Office (DRMO) excess property programs.
4. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
5. Knowledge of department organization, functions, objectives, policies and procedures.
6. Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs, AS400, in a Windows environment.
7. Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
8. Ability to exercise independent judgment.
9. Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
10. Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
11. Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
12. Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
13. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with the individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
14. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
15. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
16. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
17. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nations Gaming Division.
18. A valid driver's license or occupational driver's license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver's license or occupational driver's license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver's license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a Personal vehicle under the Oneida Nation's Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver's eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
1. C.P.S.M (Certified Professional in Supply Management).
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. Five (5) years of technical work experience in a large scale buying, specification writing, contract negotiation and bidding process; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
1. Must provide a copy of diploma, license, degree or certification upon employment.
This is a full time position
Job Code: 01664
Closing Date: Until Filled
Responsible to: Director of Purchasing
Apply on company website