DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Oak Hill Hospital
11375 Cortez Blvd Brooksville, FL 34613
We are seeking a hospital-based Lead Phlebotomist like you to join our organization.
Providing quality healthcare to Hernando and Citrus counties since 1984, Oak Hill Hospital is a 350-bed facility providing a range of services through its Heart Institute, Orthopedic & Spine Institute, maternity suites, Cancer Institute, Women's Imaging Center, pediatric ER and adult emergency rooms, and ExpressLab. We believe in providing the highest quality, safest patient-centered care to our community
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.You Will:
- Perform specimen collection and testing; Process, sort, and prepare specimens for submission to referral laboratories for testing
- Perform venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Centrifuge and aliquot specimens appropriately
- Prepare specimens for courier pick-up
- Complete chain-of-custody drug collections
- Document specimen problems; take corrective action
- Monitor and review referred testing
- Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending referral testing issues
QualificationsYou Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- 3+ years of previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Availability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website