DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $35.38 - $53.06 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Up to a $15k Sign-on Bonus for Experienced RNs!
(Current Employees Not Eligible for Sign-On Bonus)
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Float today with North Suburban Medical Center.Benefits
North Suburban Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Float. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
This position supports the mission of North Suburban Medical Center to deliver safe, quality, evidence-based patient care that is compliant with NSMC/HealthONE/HCA policies and guidelines. The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients.. Each service also requires specialized skills. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC. The Registered Nurse displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization and is committed to the process of continuous learning and professional development.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license.
- Current AHA or ARC BCLS and AHA or ARC ACLS Certification for all Float Pool Registered Nurses required. Additional certifications required based on specialty unit served.
- ICU-TNCC required
- Emergency Department-TNCC, PALS required; proof of previous receipt of ENPC
- PACU- PALS required
- Pediatrics- PALS required; STABLE preferred
- OB-NRP required
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
- Must have 1 to 2 years acute care/ specialty nursing is desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For nearly 40 years, North Suburban Medical Center has served the north metro Denver community at its location in Thornton, Colorado with an unwavering dedication to quality and community. At North Suburban, you'll find the strongest history of quality of any north Denver hospital, and that dedication to quality continues today. We provide labor and delivery services, award-winning emergency care, vital health screenings such as mammograms, cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, and of course, hospital care. North Suburban also provides advanced wound care and hyperbaric treatments and operates a neonatal intensive care unit for newborns in need.
For the children in our community, North Suburban is affiliated with the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children and provides kid-friendly emergency room care, and has a dedicated pediatric hospital unit staffed by pediatric doctors and nurse. As an affiliate hospital of HealthONE and HCA Healthcare, North Suburban is part of an internationally known and highly-regarded system of hospitals founded on the mission to serve and deliver on our mission statement: Above all else, we are dedicated to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Float opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website