Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Mountain Division Transfer Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the Transfer Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Transfer Center's mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities, providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. We are a Team of Registered Nurses serving as a central resource to facilitate and provide safe, efficient transfer of emergent and acute care patients. The Patient Transfer Center coordinates all aspects of: Transfer, Admission, ER Notification, Consultation, Transport and Telemedicine service for patients into or out of an HCA facility in the region. This service is available to every Hospital, Urgent Care, Clinic, Care Facility, and Health Provider referring into or out of an HCA facility.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admissions and exceptional consumer experience
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services and special programs
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy, and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited ADN or Diploma nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Utah
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications (If not currently certified with ACLS and/or PALS: must obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum 5 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website