Job Description & Requirements
Geriatrics Clinical Faculty in Alabama
The University of Alabama - Heersink School of Medicine - Department of Medicine - Division of Gerontology, Geriatrics, and Palliative Care is seeking qualified clinical geriatrician candidates to serve on the faculty of their nationally ranked Health System.
Join our full interprofessional team of clinical providers, educators, and scientists who have worked together to build one of the best programs of its kind in the nation, combining the latest technology with evidence-based medicine to offer the highest standard of care.
- UAB's Geriatrics program has consistently received top national rankings by US News & World Report.
- First accredited Level 1 Geriatric Emergency Department in the southeast, and 1 of only 23 in the nation
- UAB Highlands Hospital is home to a dedicated 25-bed Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Unit specializing in geriatric patient care, as well as a state-of-the-art Geriatric Outpatient Clinic
- Innovative programs include active geriatric consult service, HELP, NICHE, IHI Age-Friendly, Mobility Program, ACS Geriatric Surgery Verification Program as well as a Continence Clinic Center of Excellence
- Diverse clinical practice settings to satisfy your clinical interest that include inpatient consults, outpatient clinic, nursing home, and a growing house calls service - all supported by the UAB Health System
- Collaborate with colleagues who are active in cutting-edge research and implementation science focused on interprofessional team models of care, mobility, delirium, incontinence, Alzheimer's disease, nutrition, palliative and supportive care, and more
- UAB was ranked as Forbes' Best Large Employer in the US for 2021
- Forbes lists UAB #4 Best Employer for Diversity
- Opportunities for teaching and learner interactions in multiple clinical settings
- UAB encourages interested parties from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented minorities to explore options here
Community Highlights Live and Work in Birmingham, Alabama
Bursting with Southern charm and hospitality, Birmingham is a diverse city rich in culture with a small-town feel and a close-knit community that will let you feel at home as soon as you arrive. The city and surrounding region have something for everyone with various events throughout the year and tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike.
- US News ranks Birmingham as a Best Place to Live in the nation
- Benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 26% lower than the national average.
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for various outdoor recreation and top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city.
- Enjoy convenient access to the mountains, the Gulf Coast, and other large metropolitan areas such as Atlanta and Nashville as well as many Birmingham amenitiesincluding an international airport, live entertainment, arts offerings, and professional sporting events.
- Seven Birmingham restaurants and chefs have received the prestigious James Beard Award
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Elderly Care, Home Care, Long-Term Care, Senior, Assisted Living, Gerontological, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Hospital Clinic, Md, General Practice Physician, Gp, Primary Care Doctor, General Practitioner Physician
Apply on company website