We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The coder is responsible for reviewing and analyzing documentation present in the medical record for inpatient, outpatient and/or professional services to assign diagnoses/procedure codes as described by the physician(s) of record. Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Education: High school diploma
- Experience: 3 years coding experience in ICD-10-CM diagnoses/procedure coding and HCPCS/CPT procedure coding in the acute care inpatient/outpatient hospital or professional services setting.
- Certifications: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) or completed within 6 months of employment.
- Working knowledge and high level of experience with the ICD-10-CM and/or CPT/HCPCS coding classification systems, MS-DRG's, APC's, MPFS/RVU's, POA's, and HAC's; dependent upon whether an IP, OP, or Professional Services Coder.
- The physical demands described here are the representative of the minimums that must be met by an employee to perform all essential functions of the job.
- Most physical demands are below, plus: Frequent: Repetitive motion invloves approximately 25% keyboard and 75% mouse for data entry.
- Preferred Education: A.S. from an accredited Health Information Technology program or B.S. from an accredited Health Information Management program.
- Preferred Other: Working knowledge of the 3M encoder and Epic preferred.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website