SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Telemetry Tech Medical City Lewisville
Position Summary: The Telemetry Tech is responsible for performing the clerical tasks required by the ICU and is also responsible for monitoring the EKG patterns of telemetry patients. The Telemetry Tech functions as a receptionist for the Unit and responds to the patient call systems. In addition, the Telemetry Tech is responsible for promptly notifying the ICU RN when EKG patterns change.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notifies nurse in timely manner of patient changes as indicated on monitors.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department.
- Professional when working with other departments.
- Assists on floor as needed.
- Observes continual EKG rhythms for patient on telemetry.
- Runs telemetry rhythm strips and places on patient medical record.
- Record data in telemetry log book.
- Transcribes physician orders.
- Computer order entry.
- Manual order entry during computer down time.
- Clerical Duties related to Nursing Unit activities.
- Operates the Nursing Unit Patient Call system.
- Use and trouble shooting of computer printers.
- Orders unit office supplies.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Performs responsibilities consistent with the needs of adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
- BLS Certification from HCA approved vendor
- Previous Unit Clerk experience or demonstrated ability in order entry and medical terminology.
- Completion of cardiac rhythm interpretation course.
- Successful test score on rhythm interpretation test prior to completion of initial employment period.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with physicians, employees, patients and families.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website