DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Special Procedure Technologist
Medical City Lewisville
M - F 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Oncall for both IR and Cath Lab
Associate assists physician in performance of diagnostic special procedures/endovascular procedures/cath. He/she performs quality diagnostic procedures accurately and in timely manner. Associate operates x-ray equipment, processes images, prepares room, equipment, supplies and medications as appropriate. Practices proper radiation safety techniques on all exams performed. He/she maintains safe environment for patients, visitors, staff and co-workers. Supports and helps achieve departmental and hospital goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Prepares room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patients.
- Cleans and disinfects special procedure room and equipment.
- Observes proper Radiation safety techniques on all exams.
- Ensures room is properly set up for each type of special procedures.
- Prepares patient for radiography – explains procedures, transfer patient to table, positions patients and assists patient at end of procedure.
- Processes images in accordance to Computed Radiography and PACS standards.
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific radiographs. (Adjust equipment; determines proper KVP, MA and desired exposure time; position patient; adjust lead shield; and select proper film size.)
- Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
- Participates in the departmental quality assurance/improvement program.
- Maintains stock supplies (i.e. Catheters) and performs general office duties, (i.e. proper charge codes, procedures completed.)
- Inspects and reports radiographic equipment and room for any malfunctions within his/her shift.
- As required, takes call and works Hospital Holiday.
- Assists the radiologist in performance of all diagnostic special procedures.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the AVP/Director, Imaging Manager/Supervisor/Lead Tech.
- Efficient in the operation of the PACS and Computed Radiography systems.
- Provides excellent customer service to our patients, visitors, staff and co-workers.
- Performs Point of Care Testing for Urine HCG and Creatinine. Calculates GFR.
- Completes educational activities as assigned.
- Follows proper procedure for infection control.
- Assists physician's offices, outpatients and hospital associates promptly and courteously.
- Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the performance of procedure utilizing 2 patient identifiers.
- Completes the daily billing – to include reconciliation of the order exams list, Hospital Billing List and the Final Day Sheet.
- Ensures reports are attached to all exams as required daily.
- Responsible to train associates on the use of Meditech and other databases as applicable.
- Assist and support the implementation of a PACS, Voice Recognition Transcription and other systems.
- Ensures patients sent out to other facilities for other exams are billed appropriately (ie. The Sendout Process).
- Efficient in the operation of the PACS and Computed Radiography system.
- Process request for medical Records/Images and can efficiently operate CD burning system.
- Must be registered/eligible by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R).
- If associate does not hold advanced certification, associate shall obtain within 6 months of hire/promotion or completion of training program. Advanced certification can include ARRT (VI), ARRT (CI), or ARRT (CV).
- Must be Texas licensed Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified by HCA approved vendor.
- Graduate of an Accredited Radiologic Technology Program or equivalent with appropriate state licensure and National Registry(s).
- Must be well trained to handle different ages and risk factors when performing diagnostic procedures.
- Must be able to take call restricted to a 30-minute response and work Hospital Holiday.
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service), flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement/assistance and student loan repayment programs, paid personal leave, identity theft protection discounts; auto, home, and life insurance options, and adoption assistance.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate environment.
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you – our treasured patients – with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website