Leander ISD is currently evaluating several potential models in light of the changing situation, and following guidance established by local, state and federal leaders.
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A $50.20 fingerprinting fee will be charged once hired.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences that foster the development of language and communication skills, the core academic domains, physical development as well as social and emotional development. Enable students to reach Kindergarten readiness while establishing good relationship with parents in order to build strong ties between home and school.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Provide learning experiences in social and emotional development, language and communication, emergent literacy reading and writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and technology suited to the needs of students.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing and use results to plan for instruction.
- Provide individual and small group instruction designed to meet individual needs of students.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Develop in each student an awareness of his/her worth as an individual and his/her role in the family and community. Encourage students to express themselves creatively in art, music, and dramatic play.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
- Provide intentional and direct teaching and support in toilet-learning and self-care skills.
- Provide appropriate climate to establish and reinforce acceptable student behavior, attitude, and social skills. Create an effective environment for learning through functional centers, displays and exhibits of students' work.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook. Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Interpret school program to parents in order to strengthen parental understanding of the individual student's needs and the school's role in the individual's life.
- Establish and maintain open communication by means of parent meetings, newsletters, individual parent conferences and student-led conferences. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Develop activities for parents which promote parent participation and involvement in education activities provided for their children.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s), student teacher(s), intern(s), beginning teacher(s) and evaluate their job performance when needed.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned. Bilingual certification required for bilingual positions.
- Experience in student teaching, internship, fieldwork, observation and all other placements required by universities or state approved programs for certification.
- Considerable knowledge of child development and appropriate activities for young children; general knowledge of curriculum and instruction; knowledge of the state PK Guidelines.
- Skill in communication, organization, problem-solving, critical thinking and flexibility.
- Ability to present information accurately and clearly; manage multiple priorities and projects; and instruct students and manage their behavior.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website