Make a +Difference at Kraton!
At Kraton, we make a Positive Difference, and we are looking for individuals who are also looking to make a difference in their jobs, for our customers and to the world. We are looking to hire a key member of our finance team at our Houston location.
The Finance Analyst will provide financial support to Kraton's Corporate Finance Team. This role will ensure that best in class financial support is provided to internal and external stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
- Support in the preparation of budgets, operating plans, forecasts, and investment strategies.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Partner with the commercial and operating teams to develop roll-up and track financials for the relevant business units utilizing financial templates and systems.
- Report actual against forecast by creating reports in existing systems and including variance commentary against performance.
- Assist in the preparation of various presentations including monthly business reviews, board and investor level preparations.
- Find process improvement opportunities and efficiencies in reporting and consolidation. Drive Kraton's ability to report reliable and accurate information about the business.
- Manage fixed cost forecasting, actual reporting and variance analysis. Help provide data for quarterly Board of Director presentations.
- Work cross functionally with business and department leaders to gather information around fixed cost and other KPIs
- 2+ years of experience in finance and accounting required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills demonstrated in prior roles or experience.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills, detailed oriented with focus on quality and accuracy.
- Chemical industry or manufacturing experience a plus .
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment SAP experience (FI/COPA/BI) preferred.
- Strong financial analysis experience and cost accounting experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly automated environment, pull data, and translate it into meaningful business information.
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation with an emphasis in the English language.
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience working collaboratively within a matrix work environment and team structure across geographic boundaries
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in finance or accounting.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kraton's internal talent acquisition team manages our recruiting efforts and from time to time works with pre-selected/pre-approved external staffing agencies. We do NOT accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and/or agencies who are not pre-selected/pre-approved.
Kraton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website