DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Mental Health Technician Behavioral Health Department Full Time, Day Shift, 0.9 FTE
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Miami, Florida Facility Description:
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service, acute hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive care in the community including trauma, burn, surgical, women's and children's services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with two full service free-standing ER facilities, one in Doral and the other at The Palms Town & Country.
Located in west Miami-Dade County, Kendall Regional Medical Center has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health and verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Kendall is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and we are one out of only five American Burn Association verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs Kendall strives to be a leading community-based research hospital.
Why not join our team at Kendall Regional Medical Center where you will experience a dynamic career with a hospital that continues to reward clinical professionals for their commitment and provide growth opportunities while encouraging you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a culturally diverse and friendly community?
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. Job Description: The Mental Health Technician performs specific non-licensed or non-professional duties of patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Provides direct patient care while effectively and therapeutically interacting with patients, significant others and other health care team members while delivering care to an assigned group of patients under supervision. The Mental Health Technician adheres to regulatory and patient care standards related to the delivery of patient care.
- Observes patients for extra pyramidal symptoms and communicates changes in patient condition to Unit Leader.
- Reports abnormal vital signs to Unit Leader, timely.
- Assists in diagnostic procedures by being aware of scheduled tests and necessary preparation.
- Monitors the tone of the milieu and keeps the treatment team aware of potentially dangerous situations.
- Assists and reviews multidisciplinary treatment plan with treatment team and patient.
- Actively participates in therapy program by co-facilitating therapy, activity and support groups.
- High School Graduate or equivalent; Associate's degree preferred
- BLS certification issued by American Heart Association required
- Certified Behavioral Health Tech (CBHT) preferred or comparable hospital behavioral health experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a mental health tech preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website