Virtual Teacher in Michigan - High School English
Summary: The Teacher is a highly qualified, state certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Teachers provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through the learning management system. They actively work closely with students and parents/Learning Coaches to advance each student's learning toward established goals. Teachers typically work from home but must travel occasionally throughout the year to various school functions, such as state testing or as otherwise required by the school.
Essential Functions: Takes ownership for students' academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in students' achievement.
- Prepares students for high stakes standardized tests;
- Conducts live synchronous teaching
- Asynchronously supports objectives, including composing/sending emails, planning course objectives, preparing learning plans, and using data to determine student needs;
- Collaborates with local/regional/national teams and teacher trainers regarding instruction, resources, interventions and data-driven decision making;
- Open and available to be coached on a regular basis with administrators and teacher trainers;
- Under guidance from principal and coach, augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
- Submits grades and required student work ensuring student academic honesty and integrity; Maintains grade book; makes placement and promotion decisions by generating formal and informal reports regarding student progress, alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress.
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents;
- Elementary and Middle School Teachers support learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues in a virtual classroom environment that is in line with academy policies and procedures;
- Supports students and learning coaches with the set-up and maintenance of their learning environment including basic computer troubleshooting;
- Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
- Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the stakeholders;
- Responds to students, parents, and colleagues in timely manner.
Other Essential Functions
- Organizes social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of virtual clubs, outings, marketing events or other extracurricular activities as required;
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Teaching Certification in state of Michigan for High School English OR Substitute Teaching Certification in state of Michigan with experience teaching High School English
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking
- Knowledge of state content standards and ability to align those with the curriculum
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people's deadlines
- Ability to work independently, typically 40 hours per week
- Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school
- Access to reliable high-speed internet
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint;
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to maintain teacher certification/professional development hours and fluency in programs and curriculum
- Experience working with proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment
- This is a home-based position
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website