Kelly Services has a direct hire Supply Chain Manager opportunity. See details below.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for material purchasing, production planning and inventory management for instruments and related components, consumables, disposables and new product introductions at a complex manufacturing organization. This individual will manage forecasting, planning and purchasing for timely production of all of the Company's products to ensure adequate finished goods inventories are consistently available to meet customer needs. This is a hands-on position that requires critical thinking and a high degree of initiative.
- Develops production schedules, plans inventory levels, and manages production lead times, based on sales forecasts and internal and customer demand.
- Forecasts, plans, creates purchase orders and manages required quantities of components and supplies to optimize production of instrumentation, processing assemblies and buffers. Owns and drives an ongoing production plan by identifying needs and ensuring accurate and executable production plans are in place.
- Combines knowledge of Company needs and key supplier lead times and manufacturing constraints to provide accurate forecasts to suppliers.
- Plays an integral role with the manufacturing team to plan and execute production campaigns to meet customer needs and to support new product introductions.
- Provides transparent information, in the form of dashboards and other communication, on the availability of raw materials and goods available for sale.
- Responsible for inventory cost (including labor) analyses and inventory investment forecast/analyses.
- Creates purchase orders and manages delivery of all raw material inventory, including but not limited to components for instrumentation assembly.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Manages BOM within the ERP system.
- Contributes to the implementation of supply chain systems / solutions to inventory management, shipment tracking, and raw material release.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing and engineering, finance, and demand planning from sales and marketing.
- Advises management on the status of work in progress, material availability and potential production or material supply disruptions to ensure that equipment and materials are available on-time and sufficient quantities.
- Develops and monitors appropriate supply chain KPI's and ensures performance is measured and understood at all levels.
- Oversees suppliers' compliance to applicable regulatory requirements including but not limited to ISO, RoHS, REACH and California Proposition 65.
- Is responsible for working in a cGMP environment and follows all applicable SOPs.
- Carries out assignments, data analysis, and procedures within department as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in supply chain management, business administration or a science related field
- 5 – 7 years of material purchasing/production planning/inventory management in a medical device, life sciences or other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in an ISO regulated environment required, and experience in a GMP environment a plus.
- Hands on experience using an MRP or ERP scheduling or planning system such Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP. NetSuite preferred.
- Prior experience in managing and working effectively with suppliers is a must
- Project management experience and proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple cross functional projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and initiative in areas of responsibility.
- Microsoft Office proficient – Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Please apply within or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website