Kelly Science and Clinical is the world's most recognized brand in science and clinical staffing with more than 100 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Our scientists contribute to the research and development of the next generation of small molecule drugs, biologics and cellular therapies.
We are seeking a Scientist for the Innovation Core with a molecular diagnostics client based in the Bothell, WA. Be part of a cross-functional team focused on next-generation in vitro diagnostics technologies where you will be primarily focused on real-time PCR and RT-PCR assay innovation research in an FDA-QSR and ISO 13485 compliant organization. The candidate should have experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysical chemistry, or a related background preferably to include PCR assay design and optimization, or other nucleic acid quantification techniques based on new chemical and biophysical approaches. Work will be predominantly lab-based; designing, running, and documenting experiments to support critical initiatives. Analysis of available information from scientific publications and patents is expected. Collaboration with and addressing broader teams, cross-functional collaborators, and leadership is likely. Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable with high-visibility projects, able to adapt to quickly changing priorities, and enjoy finding solutions for novel problems. Interest in analytical/detection systems, software, systems integration, and programming languages a plus.
- Plan, document, and run lab experiments to evaluate assay and instrument improvements. Understand, train on, and operate specialized laboratory equipment and software.
- Analyze data using statistical tools such as Microsoft Excel, Minitab or JMP. Maintain detailed experimental records including experimental design, analysis, interpretations and results in technical reports in electronic laboratory notebooks or other formats complaint with the internal Quality System.
- Present data, conclusions, and recommendations at technical meetings and to leadership as necessary.
- Safely handle clinical samples and perform microbiology work with BSL-1 and BSL-2 organisms, including bacterial and viral strains, following training as needed.
- Perform lab and office administrative tasks, including lab organization/cleanup and equipment /materials research and acquisition.
- Align with all safety laws and procedures and complete required trainings on time.
- A bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience OR a master's degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience OR a recent PhD with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with in vitro molecular diagnostics is preferred.
- PCR and RT-PCR assay design and optimization is preferred.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website