Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Scientific Program Manager at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Organize, implement and lead the review of collaboration requests / proposals submitted to the Stem Cell Translation Laboratory (SCTL) as part of the NIH Helping End Addition Long-term (HEAL) Initiative.
(2) Develop written materials and documents that summarize the goals of the project and the criteria that will be used to determine which research proposals will be accepted for collaboration.
(3) Work with labs and leadership who are involved in the NIH HEAL Initiative to provide technical and scientific assistance to researchers interested in collaborating.
(4) Coordinate and facilitate projects and meetings that involve intramural/extramural collaborations.
(5) Manage solicitation processes, including pre-screening of applicants, receipt of proposals, evaluation of proposals and dissemination of review results; Federal Task Leader (FTL) will have final say in all decisions regarding this task.
(6) Engage in the development of communication materials / vehicles and the dissemination of those materials / vehicles, including news releases, one-pagers, backgrounders, peer-reviewed manuscripts, web products and other written materials for distribution to myriad audiences.
(7) Fulfill Federal / Congressional reporting requirements including collecting information, collaborating with budget personnel, and preparing written reports and controlled correspondence.
(8) Contribute to planning, organizing and executing workshops, symposia and short courses targeting the opioid translational research community.
(9) Compile, analyze and organize scientific, program and related information.
(10) Research and summarize background materials; locate scientific or other policy related information on the internet and other means, including literature, media and database searches.
(11) Compile data and prepare graphs, slides and presentations to support information needs of various levels of leadership.
(12) Observe and/or participate in numerous meetings; take detailed and thorough notes; provide minutes/reports and follow-up materials on these meetings; track action items and project plans.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Master's degree in Biology, Life Sciences or other related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
(2) Minimum of two (2) years of experience in biology, neuroscience, or related field.
(3) Minimum of three (3) years of experience in science analysis and project management.
(4) Experience communicating with research scientists in academia, not-for-profit and for-profit organizations.
(5) Ability to evaluate scientific research programs.
(6) Experience with NIH and other Federal / Administrative clearance processes and procedures (preferred).
(7) Strong communications skills, both oral and written, including formal publication-quality writing and presentations.
(8) Expertise in translating complex scientific material into non-technical language for myriad of audiences, including the general public and policymakers.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website