Kelly Scientific is hiring a Quality Technician for a food manufacturing company in SE Portland. This is a full-time role with openings on day and swing shift. Candidate must be flexible to work weekends when needed.
As a member of the Quality and Production Teams, Quality Assurance (QA) Technicians are responsible to ensure materials, processes, and final product meet quality specifications, and for supporting and maintaining quality systems and standards. All team members take an active role in the areas of Safety, Quality and Productivity. Strong analytical and critical thinking, communication, and team skills are essential for success in this position.
- Collect and analyze sample data to ensure product conformance and process control
- Monitor customer specifications to ensure proper moisture, weight, color and dimension of products produced
- Monitor Preventative Controls and reports non-conformance to management; may assist with corrective actions
- Monitor and provide guidance to production employees to ensure sanitation requirements are met during production
- Initiate food safety and quality hold procedures, including communication and required record-keeping
- Conduct regular plant food safety and security audits, and reports non-conformance
- Act as auditor and verifier of daily quality tasks throughout the processing area
- Monitor production employees to ensure GMP compliance and reports violations
- Participate in sensory panels
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors in Food Science or related life science discipline preferred.
- Prior experience in a Food Processing facility, in Quality or in a role closely related to Quality is preferred
- Ability to use and navigate Microsoft Office
- Understanding of basic mathematical calculations, reading numbers and symbols, and record keeping
- Patience and the ability to communicate in a diverse work environment
- Ability to understand and communicate instructions in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and overtime as needed
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Continuous (up to 100%) standing, walking, pushing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, reaching over head, using hands and fingers to manipulate objects, reaching forward and concentrating
- Able to ascend and descend building stairways
- Frequent exposure to water; repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle and squeeze objects, such as hoses and nozzles
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website