Kelly Services is actively recruiting for a Direct Hire opportunity for a Protein Principal Investigator (Principal Scientist). As a Principal Scientist you will have a vital role developing new applications in the areas of reagent, biobanking and human health and to support continued development of the company's technology.
Location is Ann Arbor, Michigan. Must be willing to relocate and work on-site. May need to travel to external partners (customer facing visits).
Initially, the Principal Scientist will be required to work on the bench at least 50% of the time. Increasing responsibilities will include leadership. and grant and publication writing.
The Principal Investigator must have expertise in the areas of protein biochemistry, protein biophysical and structural/functional characterization, analytical method development, and stability assessments. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated experience collaborating with external partners, writing grants, and fostering a highly collaborative, team environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with both internal stakeholders and customers, identify new applications, design and execute proof-of-concept studies demonstrating that our technology can be used to stabilize a wide range of biological materials for a variety of applications.
- Engaging with customers evaluating the technology for their needs, troubleshooting issues as needed, and supporting technology implementation.
- Identify, strategize, and apply for grant opportunities that align with the company vision and can accelerate development such as SIBR, BARDA or DARPA funding.
- Leveraging subject matter expertise, collaborators, and internal subject matter experts, implement appropriate analytical methods to characterize both the functional and biophysical stability of molecules stored using our technology.
- Researching new technologies and methodologies to improve our biological science and analytical capabilities and to enhance our product offerings.
- Leading cross-functional technical investigations as needed and mentoring team members at all levels with the goal of improving their technical knowledge and experimental design skills.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and test novel devices for product delivery.
- Accurately recording and maintaining experimental data and document design changes in an organized and timely manner.
- Supervising 1-4 scientists engaged in research and development or product development activities.
- Contributing to project planning and reporting on project progress regularly.
- Presenting our technology to external audiences via oral presentations, publications, and other means.
Requirements for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related field required.
- Must have industry experience working in a regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of protein structure analysis using modeling software, SDS PAGE analysis, Western blot, ELISA< HPLC, DLS, DSF, and Mass Spectrometry.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in evaluating protein stability using techniques such as spectrophotometric methods, cGE, Maurice, Uncle, SEC, HIC, IEX and/or chromatographic methods.
- Experience designing and executing stability studies for biopharmaceuticals and/or supporting formulation development.
- Experience with establishing new analytical methods, method validation, qualification, and/or verification. Experience with advanced statistical approaches including design of experiments (DOE). Eand experience with quality by design (QbD) principles preferred.
- Experience writing grants and must be able to Identify, strategize, and apply for grant opportunities that align with the company vision and can accelerate development such as SIBR, BARDA or DARPA funding.
- Must have experience writing publications.
- Experience supervising junior scientists.
- Must be able to work in a small team environment and foster collaboration.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to work with customers to identify new applications, design and execute proof-of-concept studies.
- Excellent technical writing and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience with word processing software and data analysis software such as EXCEL.
If interested in learning more and applying, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Apply on company website