The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that production requirements are met, appropriate staffing levels are maintained, employee relations are good, and a safe/clean work environment is maintained. You will plan, direct, coordinate and control manufacturing activities in assigned work area to achieve established management goals.
- Trains production personnel to perform work assignments safely and efficiently.
- Maintains good employee relations through coaching and consistent application of employee relation policies.
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals.
- Facilitate employee team operations.
- Maintain accurate database information regarding employee training and certification.
- Review and coach employees in accordance with the plant goals.
- Administers production salary/wage policy for operating personnel properly.
- Administers and enforces health, quality, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Reports daily indicators, including production scrap, batteries per person/hour, and batteries per measured hour.
- Investigates material variances, reports results of investigation and recommends improvements.
- Solicits and encourages process, procedure and equipment improvements from team members.
- Audit Standard Work Practices for each area and regularly reviews them for effectiveness through team meetings and practice.
- Ensure boosting requirements are met.
- Oversee receiving and receiving inspections.
- Assign work to meet daily manufacturing requirements.
- Control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- Administer union agreements and disciplinary procedures.
- Recommend improvements in machines and equipment.
- Recommend improvement in job methods and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To be considered for this role the following are required:
- Bachelor-s Degree, Engineering, Business, or Operations preferred
- 2+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing or shipping/distribution environment
- Must be able to work any assigned shift and required overtime.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website