Laboratory Director, Modesto, CA
Kelly Science is seeking a high-performing Lab Director to oversee the successful operation of our client's laboratory! This is a great opportunity for an experienced Lab Manager/Director who enjoys leading others to optimize existing processes and implement continuous improvement initiatives. If you have at least 3 years of experience in lab management (micro and/or chemistry), possess a strong desire for excellence, and seeking a high-impact opportunity, please apply today for consideration. Relocation assistance available.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the laboratory to meet business goals
- Manage short and long-term financial aspects of the business
- Utilize resources to achieve results in a cost effective, safe, and ethical manner
- Develop and maintain industry expertise in the field of food science and related technologies through available library resources and peer expertise
- Demonstrate leadership through communication and actions to build positive relationships with internal teams and external parties
- Clearly communicate goals and accountability of achievement across all levels of the workforce
- Create and foster an environment where coaching and development is a priority to promote employment engagement, career pathing, and organizational succession planning
- Understand corporate objectives and manage laboratory performance to maintain or improve operational and financial efficiencies aligning with company goals
- Collaborate with the sales team and meet with prospective clients when needed
- Provide technical expertise to clients by helping them interpret laboratory data and suggesting solutions to their related business challenges
- Participate in the implementation of internal quality control programs, evaluation of the results and in the establishment of the internal repeatability and reproducibility of standard methods, including participation in internal and external audits
- Manage, and check randomly and systematically, that the quality system is documented, effective, updated and being understood and adhered to by the staff.
- Monitor the quality activities and implement the agreed corrective action and evaluate its effectiveness
- Manage local controlled documents (Manuals, Procedures, Work Instructions, Charts, Guidelines).
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in microbiology and/or chemistry and advanced knowledge including food science gained through degree or experience
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, sales, and marketing practices
- Computer skills related to lab information and managing lab documentation
- Knowledge of LIMS software
- Analytical skills as pertaining to client requests
- Strong management skills and prior experience of managing direct reports (preferably lab managers/supervisors, depending on lab size)
If you're unable to apply through the website, please email your resume in Word format and position title to JEND557@kellyscientific.com.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website