Specimen Processor – Farmingdale, NY
2nd shift (3pm to 11pm)
Temporary to Hire
• Previous accessioning experience and background working in a clinical lab.
• Requires a high degree of accuracy when reading specimen labels and working with numbers to prevent mislabeling. Knowledge of laboratory functions, medical terminology, a background in science or equivalent (Biology, Molecular, Biochemistry, Medical Assistant, Technologist etc.)
• Continuously works under pressure to ensure all accessioning and processing meets the established timeline with minimal error rate.
• Follows the laboratory standard operating procedures as written.
• Performs rechecks or dilution testing as needed.
• Independently performs accessioning and processing and pre-analytic duties. Receives and organizes specimens by tracking, sorting and storing. Independently prioritizes workload.
• Responsible for biological (e.g. blood and urine) specimen receipt, verification, handling and processing. Investigates and takes responsibility for proper identification of each specimen.
• Compares orders to paperwork and contacts appropriate personnel for discrepancies if necessary. Enters orders into the appropriate computer system ensuring proper specimen is collected for the ordered test. Accurately labels the specimen
• Degree in Science, Healthcare, or equivalent
• Must have previous experience in accessioning and working in a clinical lab.
• Must have the ability to pay particular attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills
• Must be highly organized, able to work under pressure, and handle multiple priorities.
• Prepares samples and materials for shipping to reference laboratories and clients.
• Matches documented information to correspondence and shipment, verifying information and pack contents to be shipped to appropriate site.
• Follows all shipping regulations filling out commercial invoices, correct infectious dangerous goods. Ships materials via designated transportation mode.
• Assures compliance with all CAP, OSHA and IATA dangerous goods shipping regulations.
• Follows Quality Systems. Follow the laboratory standard operating procedure as written.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website