Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Data Center Operator for a long-term engagement at our Fortune 150 Global client in Ashburn, VA.
- APPLY NOW: start is ASAP
- Starting pay will be $16.75/hr.
- Shifts are Three Night 7PM-7AM Sun- Tues and One Wed Night 1/2 shift.
- Ideal candidates have worked in Desktop Support, knowledgeable of IBM & Oracle storage software, Tape Data Center activities & concepts.
- This role is a Full-Time, Fully Benefitted & Open-Ended position!
- As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from.
- You'll also be eligible for Paid Time Off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time.
- All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Here are both the responsibilities and qualifications needed to for our new employee to the perform job responsibilities and duties for a Data Center Operator
- Manage the robotic tape library to insure there are adequate amounts of tape in each library.
- Tape management and operational services and, perform receiving tasks at Data Center loading docks
- Manage the Receiving Dock and accept inbound goods and maintain an accurate inventory of all goods received
- Organize all receiving areas along with facilities designated storage
- Verify accuracy of incoming receipts by counting, description, and code numbers with information on invoice or packing slip and purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damage
- Route the incoming materials to the appropriate storage
- Manage tape and disk destruction
- Erase media on tape/disks/drives prior to destruction
- Identify inefficiencies within Media Services and implement changes to correct.
- Improve services by reviewing internal processes, technology, and understanding Visa's customer requirements.
- Review tape technology and tape library technology to ensure the Visa tape library is utilizing newer technology to perform functions.
- Understanding customer requirements and communicating them to the tape operators to improve performance and increase customer satisfaction.
- Focus on UNIX based processing and improve tape services ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Open and close CRQ's requests - Change requests for installations and hardware
- Monitor system consoles and report system errors to external vendors for service – Oracle/IBM.
- Open and close incident tickets
- Support creation of media requested by end users.
- Performs management of electronic files
- Ability to work under deadlines and fast paced work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent related experience
- 6 months to 1-year office/customer service experience
- 6 months to 1-year experience on Microsoft Office Excel and Work software.
- Mid-level computer skills
- Basic knowledge of basic office equipment. (i.e., scanner, printers, etc.
- Has the ability to follow instructions
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
To learn more about KellyOCG and our Managed Solutions expertise, visit us at kellyocg.com/Solutions/Business-and-Professional Services
- This role is supported by the Kelly Centralized Recruiting Team, not your local Kelly branch.
For immediate consideration please APPLY ONLINE to this posting directly, or on MyKellyJobs: www.mykellyjobs.com
- Only qualified candidates can be contacted due to the volume of responses.
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- We appreciate all our applicants, but we are not able to sponsor now; no C2C or H-1B.
- There is no ‘per diem' with this position and must be able to work on W-2 hourly basis.
- There is no relocation budgeted for this position. If this position requires you to relocate you will be responsible for those costs.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website