Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 6+ month, long term contract opportunity as an Engineer IV for a top fortune 500 company in North Chicago IL.
Title: Engineer IV (HVAC & piping systems)
Duration: 6+ months
Location: North Chicago IL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeking an engineering professional who applies scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to the design and analysis of HVAC systems and mechanical utility piping systems in critical applications.
- A successful candidate would also have general knowledge of electrical, control, plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Mechanical System Project Support
- Front end planning
- Develop high level project scope of work for HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Develop cost estimate for mechanical and piping systems
- Be a member of the design team for HVAC and mechanical utility projects
- Gather user requirements
- Review design for compliance with AbbVie standards and specifications
- Communicate effectively with AbbVie and external engineering resources.
- Design and execute engineering studies to drive innovation at AbbVie.
- Clean Room Airflow and effect on space cleanliness levels.
- Develop database of QA product requirements manufactured in our facilities.
- Engineering standards development support
- Engineering data analysis of mechanical systems
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others; respects others points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in pharmaceutical, medical devices, biologics, health care, or similar industries preferred.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
- A post-graduate education/degree may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Michelle Niemira (email@example.com) for immediate consideration.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website