This is the entry level position of a two level career path in Portland, ME. The incumbent is responsible for providing critical and accurate information on benefits, claims and/or policy administration. All work is carefully performed according to established protocols/procedures. As the first point of contact and a direct representation of the Unum/Colonial brand, this position is responsible for the execution of exceptional customer satisfaction by acting in the best interest of the customer; ensuring information is accurate, applying empathy to those situations that require special care and concern. Customer issue resolution is a priority - issues should be resolved on the first call whenever possible. This position requires the setup and use of multiple systems, applications and administrative processes. While service is focused on our external customers, this position is responsible for creating detailed/appropriate distinctive processes. While service is focused on our external customers, this position is responsible for creating detailed/appropriate documentation for our internal cross-functional business partners.
Career Opportunities: Our training and development programs will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Specialists are typically promoted within or outside of the department during their first 12-18 months.
Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Options to work from home or on a part-time basis
- Potential to move into a hybrid position after your first year of employment, allowing you to split your time between the Customer Contact Center and another participating department
- Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and management roles within the department
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information
- Follow documented processes/workflow while looking for ways to reduce customer effort
- Meet or exceed individual performance goals
- Accurately navigate through various system platforms
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
- Share process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
- Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. as afternoon shifts will run as late as 8 p.m.
- May perform other duties as assigned Job Specifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Strong customer service skills with the drive to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency essential
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website