Client Logistics Manager – Chicago, IL - DIRECT HIRE!
Job searching is a lot better with someone in your corner. Hi—enter us, and this job! Kelly® Professional & Industrial is seeking a Client Logistics Manager to work at Redwood Logistics in Chicago, IL. This is a direct hire position with benefits, bonus, PTO and more! Sound like something you're interested in? We will be here every step of the way to help you through the process because we think job searching needs an upgrade (and a sidekick).
**The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years of experience in an operational role within the transportation/logistics industry, experience in 3PL and a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role with direct reports and the ability to travel up to 20% for onsite client and corporate meetings. They will work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while maintaining the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have a strong desire to help and a proven track record of leading people.**
For more than 19+ years, Redwood Logistics has been helping move businesses forward by connecting our clients to winning strategies. Redwood is a next-generation leader in third-party logistics. We focus brilliant minds, technology services, and performance excellence to modernize your supply chain. Your business was never designed to be ordinary. Your logistics partner shouldn't be either.
Redwood Supply Chain Solutions, a subsidiary of Redwood Logistics, levels the playing field for our customers through logistics and supply chain solutions that will give them a competitive advantage in their market. We are a group of motivated, talented people who operate under proven processes utilizing sophisticated technologies to help our customers succeed.
See for yourself why The Chicago Tribune has named Redwood Logistics a Top Workplace for several years running!
As a Client Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of operations representatives that provide daily operational functions and customer service for Redwood's customers.
In this role you will need strong leadership and problem-solving skills and will be responsible for managing a team of employees engaged in critical activities for our business: including customer service, order entry, load planning, scheduling appointments, and receiving and responding to customer requests (both email and phone).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 2+ direct reports within the operations department
- Supervise and hold responsibility for all day-to-day operations for several key customers
- Ensure operational efficiency and that all departmental functions meet or exceed customer contracts or specifications
- Keep a pulse on all customers under your control, knowing Redwood's performance at all times and proactively anticipate challenges or problems so that Redwood can mitigate and resolve without impacting customers negatively
- Ensure all team members are properly trained
- Monitor and promote employee improvement through weekly one on one meetings, quarterly and annual performance reviews
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and best practices, championing your team to know them and leverage them in their daily process
- Maintain performance expectations that will enable operational improvements and lower cost to serve
- Share relevant information and metrics with team to improve decision-making skills and drive continual growth
- Enforce departmental rules and policies
- Review and approve weekly timecards and analyze hours for inefficiencies or training opportunities
- Effectively address escalated customer issues and build relationships with customers via quarterly business reviews and conference calls
- Monitor and analyze KPIs for key customers on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis
- Manage carrier relationships and acquire contracted rates in conjunction with the carrier management team
- Create a team culture of accountability and effective execution
- Motivate and inspire your team to deliver value to our customers, while also developing their skills and career to improve overall morale and employee retention within the Operations team
- Encourage employee feedback through formal and informal channels
- Foster team growth, team development, cross-team collaboration by setting an example of leading in challenging times, leading others outside of your primary team in times of need, and fostering a true team environment of helping others
- Attend customer business reviews, training or onsite meetings as needed
- Will need to occasionally respond to customer requests after primary work hours (nights and weekends) and/or work on a weekend when customers' needs require support
- Ability to think critically and analyze data
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Be personally accountable for you and your team to complete tasks in a designated timeframe
- Ability to adapt and react quickly to changing expectations
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Thrive in a team environment, collaborating and helping others
- Must have ability to resolve conflict and solve complex problems
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to produce internal and customer-facing reports that are clean, accurate and relatable
- Ability to effectively coordinate with multiple team members and across departments on joint tasks such as reporting, project operations, and compliance
- Ability to work autonomously
- High School diploma required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an operational role within the transportation/logistics industry, and a minimum of 1 year in a leadership role with direct reports
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Mercury Gate or other Transportation Management Systems
- BS/BA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% for customer meetings and training
- High integrity
- Proven track record of successful problem-solving and critical thinking
- Basic understanding of creating and maintaining reporting, including using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Full understanding of transportation modes (small parcel, LTL, TL, partial, flatbed, intermodal) and market trends
- Expertise in core operational functions such as load building, tracking, issue resolution, and reporting
- In-depth understanding of building and maintaining carrier and customer relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of Redwood's Departments, Business Units and the services that Managed Services is responsible to deliver
- History of proven customer service and communication skills
- History of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leads by example
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Tools You Will Use:
- MercuryGate or LoadRunner TMS
- MercuryGate Edge, MercuryGate Mojo
- MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Culture of unlimited growth with new positions and departments created regularly to support our growing customer base
- Paid maternity and paternity leave policies
- Medical, dental, vision and 401k plans (with match)
- Flexible-spending, mass transit and dependent care plans
- Health savings account, with company contribution
- Short-term, long-term and life insurance policies subsidized by company
- Cell phone discounts; reduced fees for health and fitness clubs
- Additional benefits including pet insurance, accident care and more
- Competitive referral bonus program
- Competitive PTO plans, with extra floating holiday and time off to volunteer
- Fundraising and volunteer opportunities to give back to our local and national communities
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website