Automation Engineer in Huntsville, AL
This role is responsible for researching, planning, and designs automation/mechanical aspects of machinery from individual components to complete assemblies. In working with teams, the engineer will design and support the manufacturing of custom capital equipment from customer order to customer site acceptance.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide on-site assistance at manufacturing plants for troubleshooting, quality improvements capability issues, productivity improvement, machine performance tracking and capital purchases.
- Mechanically design equipment based on customer's specifications and requirements in providing them an automated system integration.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine the design method and process.
- Provides technical information and guidance concerning manufacturing, materials, and process advantages and limitations.
- Utilizes knowledge of design for manufacturing in optimization of components and subsystems
- Prototype mechanism design and validation, as needed.
- Evaluates engineering data and test results to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Creates Engineering BOMs and assembly drawings.
- Promotes teamwork and influences the coordination and collaboration between areas of responsibility and other stakeholders.
- Will travel approximately 15% of the time domestically and have limited international travel which requires a valid passport or the ability to obtain a passport.
- Develop functional specifications and acceptance criteria for automation equipment and work with Sourcing to obtain proposals.
- Evaluate proposals for technical capability, work with a team to finalize vendor selection, and prepare AFE documentation to secure project funding.
- After PO placed, work with selected vendor to finalize system design, controls package, and operator interface.
- Complete Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test.
- Lead installation in manufacturing, including the preparation of procedures and other manufacturing documentation necessary to run automation equipment.
- Develop or transition improved automation processes to manufacturing, which includes the modification of existing automation programs, vision systems, mechanical systems
- 5+ years of experience in automation performing equipment installations and debug of control systems, robotics, and vision systems.
- Experience with Fanuc or ABB robot controls, and ABB or Keyence, vision systems.
- Experience programming in structured text preferred, C++, C#, or similar.
- 4-year degree in Automation, Electrical, Controls or Electro-Mechanical Engineering highly preferred (or equivalent work experience) ABB Robotics (programs); Fanuc Controls (Certification
Apply for this position and start the process to accelerate your career into high gear.
Any questions, please contact Gary Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website