2nd Shift Quality Assurance Technician (Food)
Shift: 1PM – 9PM, Monday-Friday (occasional Saturdays)
Kelly Scientific has a great opportunity in the food quality industry. This is a fast-paced environment where accuracy is essential, and a great fit for someone who is quality-minded with some food/beverage production experience.
We are interviewing and hiring immediately!
Overview: Follow all safety and quality procedures and work instructions for each specific function. Follow all GMPs. Record all data accurately and in real-time. Notify Supervisor or Management of any deviations, non-conforming product (Raw Material or Finished Good), non-conforming equipment or suspicious activity.
- Monitors and ensures compliance to company adopted regulatory and industry accepted quality guidelines at the production level.
- Performs raw material and finished product testing and accurately enters data into LIMS
- Performs and documents cleaning inspections and testing to ensure appropriate sanitation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates raw material sampling and finished product sample preparation for submission to customer.
- Manages and documents the testing of raw material samples and the evaluation of these materials for compliance to stated COA.
- Reviews production batch records, sanitation records, receiving records and order packets and reports any deviations found to management.
- Facilitate and manage incoming and outgoing shipment documentation, physical review, and release of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Performs lot disposition and raw material reconciliation to incoming raw material documentation.
- Maintains inventory and raw material COAs. Generates finished product COA's.
- Performs and documents verification procedures for production and laboratory scales and analytical equipment in compliance with stated verification schedules.
- Maintains quality associated materials inventories at pre-established order points to ensure adequate supply and the maximization of cost savings.
- Creates, reviews and approves internal bin tags/pick sheets as well as finished product labels for bulk packaging.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a commercial food/beverage production environment and knowledge of food safety and quality is a definite plus.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, LIMS, HACCP and GMP's is desired.
- Laboratory experience is preferred but will train the right candidate.
- Basic Lab skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and can respond quickly to frequent direction changes
- Work cross functionally
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website