We are seeking an experienced RN who is ready to take that next career step up into a nursing leadership position as a Clinical Coordinator in the oncology medical surgical care unit. In this role you will mentor and support your team to achieve the best outcomes for their patients from the first day they learn of their cancer diagnosis through every stage of treatment. If you are looking for a leadership position in a supportive and teamwork oriented environment, apply today!
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our292-bedhospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation, state-authorized level III trauma center ER, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
- As a Clinical Coordinator in the oncology medical surgical care unit you will provide day-to-day clinical management of the unit, maintaining customer satisfaction (patient, visitors, physicians and staff).
- On an as needed basis you will perform therapeutic patient-centered care for your patients, working closely with other oncology-certified nurses and cancer experts with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute to create and implement care plans to meet each patient's needs, acting as a role model for staff.
- Under the direction of the department director, you will support personnel management functions such as interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, performance management and scheduling, and motivate, train and champion staff to reach their professional goals.
- In collaboration with the nursing team, you will ensure compliance with professional, regulatory, governmental and organizational standards, including quality metrics (Core Measures and HCAHPS).
- You will maintain cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers, and support your staff to do so as well.
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, which opened in 2009, is a comprehensive cancer hospital offering cutting-edge services. Our specialized surgeons perform the most advanced surgical procedures available. Our staff includes surgical oncologist, surgical urologist, neurosurgeons, GYN oncologists, breast and reconstructive surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, and a palliative care team all supported by specialized pathologists and radiologists. Our goal is to provide the most personalized approach to our patients' cancer treatment and care. We use the latest in molecular profiling to truly identify the potential cancer-related genetic drivers so treatment may be specific and targeted.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License.
- 5 years of current nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- 1 year of oncology medical surgical experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- 1 year of leadership experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Certification.
- Certification as an Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN).
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World's Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance(up to$5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Repayment(up to$100 per month in Student Loan Assistance)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefits Options
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Apply on company website