SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse - EP Lab - PRN CALL REQUIRED FTE 0.001
JFK Medical Center
Atlantis, FL 33462
Originally named John F. Kennedy Hospital in honor of our nation's 35th president in 1966, JFK Medical Center has since grown into a multi-campus medical center with four Palm Beach County locations.
Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care medical and surgical facility known for its comprehensive services including: 24-hour emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences, general, minimally invasive & robotic surgery, orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. JFK Main is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center and an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We also offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach providing the same emergency treatment for adults and children as our hospital based ER, closer to home.
We are located in the City of Atlantis near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the beach, trendy restaurants and shopping malls, there is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of top clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while enjoying the benefits of Palm Beach County living.
The RN is responsible and accountable for the delivery of specialized nursing care in all phases of the EP Lab. The RN is expected to be competent in the following area of clinical practice: Performs Diagnostic and Interventional cardiac procedures, assists in the performance of Permanent Pacemaker Insertions and ICD Implantations, and may need to should be able to assist as a Scrub RN. Additional responsibilities include: assisting with TEE procedures, Cardioversion procedures, Cardiac Stress test and PICC line insertions. Circulation a requirement.
The registered nurse also is responsible for the direction and supervision of assigned personnel delivering said patient care. When taking call for the purpose of emergencies, he/she will respond for cases of both, Cardiac Cath patients as well as patients with urgent Vascular Access needs.For more information please contact Jennifer.Urban@hcahealthcare.com
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of nursing experience
- 2 years' experience required 1 of which must be in an ICU, CCU, or Cath Lab
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Lead Course preferred.
- Completion of Intra Aortic Balloon Course
- In lieu of IAB course, one year documented experience with IABC is required
- CCRN certification preferred but not mandatory
- PCI Certification strongly preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website