Intertek is a global Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification business. Our mission is to bring Quality, Safety and Sustainability to Life. We do this for thousands of clients around the world 24/7, with our network of over 1,000 laboratories and 43,000 colleagues. We work on products as diverse as children's toys and TVs, to jet fuel and food, giving our clients, who include many of the world's most famous brands and retailers, and their customers confidence in the quality and safety of the products they use.
This position is responsible for developing and executing integrated B2B marketing strategies that directly contribute to the growth of Intertek's Electrical business. The Global Marketing Manager provides functional leadership across a wide range of marketing and communication activities to help meet business objectives, through promoting our services with clients, industry associations and end consumers. Our clients include some the world's largest consumer electronics as well as industrial electrical and electronics names. Maintaining clear lines of communication, this position works collaboratively with leaders from the Global and Regional Business Line, Sales, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance.
- Leads the development and execution of marketing plans and strategies for the Electrical business line to meet overall business objectives
- Analyzes sales data, economic indicators and voice of customer data to develop and execute marketing strategies for key markets and initiatives
- Evaluates and monitors competition and recommends strategies for market share growth, protection and development that can be integrated into national and global marketing plans
- Collaborates closely with Business Line, Sales, and Operations teams to ensure strategies and plans are fully integrated and aligned
- Creates unique and differentiated value propositions and crafts messaging tailored to various external stakeholders (clients, end consumers, associations, governmental organizations)
- Develops marketing programs and campaigns to attract potential customers and maximize volume from current customers
- Establishes initiative-related metrics and measurement strategies to track Return on Investment (ROI) and validate the success of marketing programs; takes corrective action and makes adjustments to the annual marketing plans as necessary
- Works in partnership with the Sales & Marketing team on the creation of effective brand marketing initiatives to increase awareness and recognition of the Intertek brand and our services.
- Develops communications campaigns for use in advertising, public relations, web, social media and other channels as necessary.
- Develops and enhances the web and overall digital presence of the Electrical business line, including working with Intertek marketing colleagues worldwide to achieve maximum impact in different cultures and markets.
- Works with Intertek's subject matter experts to bring our thought leadership to clients and the wider market through organizing speaking engagements, industry journals, white papers and blogs
- Supports each stage of the sales cycle with key marketing deliverables such as presentations, sales aids and tools, and collateral; develops collateral and messaging used by the sales team
- Champions the voice of the customer, drives initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Recommends, creates, and implements best practice policies, procedures, and processes; collaborates and shares best practices with other regions
- 7-10 years of progressively increasing experience in marketing, preferably in the business-to-business service space
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required; MBA or advanced degree desirable but not required
- Solid knowledge of marketing practices and strategies with an emphasis on client acquisition and retention
- Understanding of both traditional and new/digital/emerging marketing technologies to help target, nurture and ultimately convert customers
- Leadership experience in developing strategic marketing plans and engaging with senior leadership for review and approval
- Demonstration of excellent writing skills, including internal and external content creation and editing, as well as customer communications (samples will be requested)
- Proven success in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously within short timelines; well versed at connecting strategic objectives to tactical implementation
- Self-motivated and able to manage projects from inception through to completion
- Ability to understand market trends, customer needs and competitive intelligence data
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to support or defend a position or idea in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Highly collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines, as well as business leaders and colleagues in different parts of the world
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams
- Comfortable managing through change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website