Intertek is a global leader providing a wide range of quality and safety services in areas such as testing, inspection, auditing and consultation. Retailers and Brands depend on Intertek to ensure the quality and safety of their products, processes and systems.
As part of Intertek's Building and Construction division, the Building Science Solutions group focuses on the consulting, testing, and specialty commissioning for the new construction and existing building projects. We are a diverse team of architects and engineers encompassing a wide variety of disciplines, licenses and expertise. With team members who have developed several specifications, industry guidelines and test methods, we are recognized leaders in the building industry. The Intertek Building and Construction Division provides professional testing and consulting services for acoustics, building enclosures, technology, pavement and life safety systems including Design/Design Assist, Pre-Design/Design Phase, Construction Administration and Inspections, Specialty Commissioning, Performance Verification, Investigation and Forensic services, Property Condition Assessments and Accessibility Consulting.
- Follow and enforce safety requirements and company policies.
- Assist in national/international business development, marketing, and sales efforts regarding acoustic and vibration measurement and consulting services
- Prepare proposals and develop new business
- Perform reviews of architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to vibration conditions for projects
- Perform forensic investigation and litigation support on projects with acoustic and vibration concerns
- Develop innovative approaches to analyses and recommendations to advance and expand Intertek's acoustic and vibration services for our clients
- Write or revise specifications for acoustic and/or vibration isolation products and performance goals for projects
- Develop graphic details to convey visual feedback for clients and colleagues
- Utilize modeling software to study interior or exterior vibration propagation
- Write and execute vibration measurement and testing protocols
- Develop vibration isolation related remedial work recommendations to assist clients with repairing, modifying or upgrading existing buildings
- Prepare complete vibration isolation documents with Building Science staff for new and renovation projects
- Prepare accurate and concise reports for projects with clients, designers, contractors and coworkers
- Provide effective communication with clients, designers, contractors and coworkers both in writing and orally.
- Perform site visits of projects to observe progress and provide feedback in field observation reports to the client
- Project management, including planning, scheduling, staffing, execution, and reporting, often without supervision
- Monitor and manage projects, colleagues and budgets
- Monitor contract requirements, invoicing, and maintain acceptable profit margins
- Collaborate with the team of professionals as part of Intertek rapidly growing Building Sciences Group
- Maintain positive and strong relationships with staff members, including those outside of Building Science Solutions
- Participate in training and management of acoustical and building science staff to assist on acoustical consulting or measurement projects
- Research new opportunities or processes for performing our services or learn new skills
- Provide consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Prepare and complete action plans for external or internal activities;
- Implement productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
- Resolve problems whether with external or internal activities;
- Identify trends and changes in the industry that our team or organization should be aware of or react to;
- Determine improvements to systems, processes or operational inefficiencies;
- Implement change within external or internal activities to improve our staff, processes or outcomes;
- Assist the office in meeting financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
- Develop schedules for expenditures, analyze variances, and where necessary initiate corrective actions
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Update and improve job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Identify support needed from Management to achieve future career milestones
- Complete timecard, expense reports, and project-related financial requirements without reminders
- Assist in solving scheduling difficulties
- Travel to local, regional, national, international and overnight destinations, as required for assigned projects and tasks
- Assist the local office, including areas outside of Building Science Solutions
- Maintain enough workload/backlog to meet target staff utilization rates
- Minimum 20 years of experience in engineering, consulting or equivalent architectural/construction experience, preferred
- Masters degree in engineering, architecture, or other related degree, preferred
- Strong knowledge of vibration test methods and standards
- Strong knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to manage projects and internal project team on all sizes of projects
- Extensive technical competence and ability to effectively communicate with clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and orally
- Ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients, designers, contractors, etc.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to meet changing and strict deadlines
- Experience with managing staff, both technical and administrative.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD)
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website